Bernice's Reviews > Ruby Lu, Brave and True

Ruby Lu, Brave and True by Lenore Look

Sep 30, 09

bookshelves: multicultural-literature

This is an adorable story about Ruby Lu as she learns more about herself and her surroundings. I love the books descriptive writing from the very first page when they describe the street she lives on. It's an animated story that all children will love! The story thoughtfully uses authentic Chinese terms and vocabulary throughout the book. It also gives a good depiction of Chinese customs. Of course there are some dramatic elements thrown into the story, which makes it so fun to read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby Lu, Brave and True.

message 1: by (NS) Becca (new)

(NS) Becca This book looks really interesting, Bernice. Do you think that both boys and girls would like to read it? I am always on a constant quest to find books that both sexes would like! It's good to see that it's also authentically Chinese. I think that's a good population for my students to learn more about since we have a large chinese and korean culture!

Bernice I really do think that boys and girls will both like it! :) I would definitely read it as a read aloud. It's very comical and I love the way it's written. :)