Sarah's Reviews > Acceleration

Acceleration by Graham McNamee

Feb 04, 14

bookshelves: thrillers, mystery, spine-tinglers

Ahhh, I love re-reading a book that I knew I already liked. This book didn't get much press in its day, but it did win the Edgar Award for best young adult mystery. It's perfect for reluctant readers--edge of your seat mystery. Duncan works in a dead end job at a subway station's lost and found. In Canada. That's right, this book is set in Canada and NOT New York--whoot!

He finds a notebook full of twisted things, notes about setting fires and gutting cats. And stalking. The journal owner is stalking women and Duncan needs to help. The police don't seem interested so he must figure things out himself. After some research by a close friend and some brawn, Duncan finds himself at risk. Will he survive? Will the bad guy find out that he's being stalked, too?

----------------
Previous Review: This was the second novel my book club read this year, right after Blood Red Horse and before The Burn Journals. The kids liked it, but no one really loved it. They thought it was unbelievable but they really liked the characters, Duncan and his two guy friends. I think it's a good serial killer novel for young adults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acceleration.