Books Ring Mah Bell's Reviews > Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung

Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung by Mao Tse-tung

Sep 30, 09

bookshelves: china, history-politics
Read in September, 2009

Not the edition I looked at. I picked this up at my dad's house... a second edition from 1967. Inside, a few pages in, is the following stamp: A copy of this material has been filed at the Foreign Agents Registration Section, Department of Justice, Washington, DC... blah blah The fact of registration does not indicate approval of this material by the Government of the United States.

Cool.

This started a great conversation on China and communism, my dad went into the basement to look for "more of my old commie books." He could not find them. We decided the FBI/CIA/Homeland Security took them away when he wasn't looking.

In case they are reading this, the old man said, "Communism is a great idea, it just doesn't work due to human nature."

There you go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung.

Comments (showing 1-25)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

The Little Red Book?

You pinko.

Books Ring Mah Bell Yes. It was little. and red.

IT'S NOT MINE!

message 23: by Bram (new)

Bram Is that her right labia?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Labium. (I was corrected on the singular of 'labia' on Goodreads before. I still carry that shame around with me.)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Bram wrote: "Is that her right labia? "

I think it's just the inner one, too.

message 20: by Bram (new)

Bram Damn! I thought maybe it was labia, labiae. Should have known...

message 19: by Joshua Nomen-Mutatio (last edited Sep 30, 2009 01:06PM) (new)

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio And what I was referring to would correctly be called "labium minus" or "nymphae."

A la wikipedia:

"The labia minora (singular: labium minus) or nymphae"

Thank you, Chairman Mao, for inspiring this wonderful anatomy lesson.

Books Ring Mah Bell A la wikipedia:

"The labia minora (singular: labium minus) or nymphae"

Thank you, Chairman Mao, for inspiring this wonderful anatomy lesson.

I'd like to put that post in the Goodreads Awesome Post hall of fame.

and, for the record, I think that's kneecap.

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Is that her right labia?

No, that's just a goiter.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Vulvaic-goiter majora. I don't know or care if vulvaic is a word or not.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Thanks, Bells. So I just noticed how this is shelved ("china" and nothing else) and it made me chuckle a little. Would you also shelve Mein Kampf under "germany"?

Books Ring Mah Bell It's my Polish/blond(e) filing system, MFSO!

Goiter? I had a twat goiter pic around here somewhere, but now it's GONE!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle If that was her labium, would she be suffering from Labial Elephantitis or Labiate Elephantitis or something else?

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio No, Bellsy! I don't think it's stupid, just really funny because it's totally accurate yet leaves much out. I'm more like picturing the book alongside travel guides to China and Chinese food cook books. If I saw this in a bookstore it'd make me think the employees were playing a great joke on me.

message 11: by Books Ring Mah Bell (last edited Sep 30, 2009 03:12PM) (new) - added it

Books Ring Mah Bell MFSO, do you think blonde and Polish = stupid? huh? Don't make me come over there!

so what is this woman suffering from?

I'm not sure where the labia meets leg meets bone meets???

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio She's suffering from scaring the shit outta me!

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Damn, that's a camel foot!

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Literally.

Books Ring Mah Bell Blows my mind.

I've had plenty of anatomy and physiology, but i just can't figure out how that got like that... are those bones? If so, how did they do that? Is that... her... uh? If so, how did it do that!?!?!

BLOWS MY MIND.

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio It doesn't seem real/possible. Are we sure this isn't photoshopped or something?

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Mao is very proud of this thread, by the way.

[image error]

Joshua Nomen-Mutatio Nice!

message 2: by D. (new)

D. Pow Wow, what a fucked up and beautiful thread! Yuck! I mean brilliant! Yuck! Brilliant!

Books Ring Mah Bell Yes, yes it is.