Tanmay.'s Reviews > The Clicking of Cuthbert

The Clicking of Cuthbert by P.G. Wodehouse

Oct 09, 09

Started reading this book on net on a dull monday morning in Office.(Ya I do that. :p)
And trust me nothing could have been more refreshing.
I was suggested about Wodehouse books by my friend before.I had even began with one but left in between because
of the arduous verbiage and unfamiliar slangs.
So was bit hesitant before starting this.But it "clicked".:)

The book is collection of short stories themed around the game of golf and the extent to which it worshippers go to
preserve their love for it.The plots built around it are really funny.
The author's passion for the game is quite evident from the details with which the golf has been described.
The type of humor is romantic comedy.But it has delightful sarcasm,wit,quips intertwined within it.
The author ability to incite humor from supposedly ordinary scenarios is truly amazing.

And dont worry if you are not the greatest fan of golf(Like me).Because all the golf jargon somehow doesnt spoil this beautiful comedy.It wont bore a bit once you get hang of it and you'll never know when you have finished it.

The best book of this genre I've read so far.
If you appreciate pleasant witty humor or want to have a quick laugh this book is definitely for you.
Looking forward to more from him.:)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clicking of Cuthbert.