Amy (amyb2332)'s Reviews > The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

Sep 30, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, historical-fiction, fantasy
Read in December, 2009

Overall, I really liked this book. I loved the main character, and I loved the way the story felt. I really enjoy learning about the Salem Witch Trials and I liked how this book blended that with a story of academia. I loved the story about the mothers and daughters.

I wasn't so fond of the ending though. I could see it coming for sure, although that didn't really bother me. In fact, I sort of think you are supposed to see it the ending coming, just not understand how it will get there. I guess really, I didn't really dislike the ending, I just felt like it could have been better.

I've been reading some of the other reviews and several people mention that Connie, for a smart educated person, seemed a little dense sometimes. I do agree with that and I thought that several times during the story but I always rationalized that this made sense in a way. I'm an educated person and if someone told me that witchcraft of a sort was real, you can bet that I would be a little dense as well!

Good book though. I will definitely be checking out other things this author has written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane.