Adrianna's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Feb 03, 10

bookshelves: in-eureka, young-adult, fantasy, romance
Recommended to Adrianna by: Shelli
Recommended for: People that need a simple story
Read from August 09, 2008 to September 29, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Review to come later...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Adrianna I thought long and hard on what I wanted to rate it. I just think there are better teen books written by other authors. I'm going to think even longer on how to put my dissatisfaction down in a review without spoiling parts of the book. I prefer reviews without spoilers. :)

I'm interested in comparing this series to The Vampire Diaries, which I heard is 10x better and where Meyer got many of her ideas from. I'm not sure if I will read this entire series first or take a break and read book 1 from L. J. Smith's series. We'll see. I know I am taking at least a month off before reading another one of Meyer's books. ;)

James I disliked Twilight and New Moon was not much better. The desperate, depressed teen and her staring contest with sparkling, baseball-loving Edward was more than I could stand. Much prefer Hamilton's Anita Blake books, at least the early ones. See my review on Twilight on Lunch. I will try to post them here too. Thx. jjm

message 3: by Adrianna (last edited Jan 08, 2010 10:25AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Adrianna Yes, I do not understand the appeal of Bella, or even Edward's, character, at least not in Twilight. I will see how I feel once I read further into the series. Why is this the type of heroine that teens want to relate/connect with?

I enjoyed Hamilton's books very much. I purposully did not read your latest review of Blue Moon because I have not read that far in the series. I was afraid there might be spoilers. I have to get back to her series once I am done with the newest Gentry book.

James At work we used to make fun of the Twilight characters and then it spread over to Lunch.com. Yeah, I hear you. On Amazon.com there is a great reviewer who cannot understand why girls adore this psychotic teenager from hell. I mean, voices in her head happen when she's in danger, so she practically commits suicide to get those voices back! Really?? I could go on and on. Gentry and Vampire Diaries sound interesting. As soon as I finish my current pile I'll check it out.

Adrianna I can't wait to hear what you think of the Gentry books. I've read up to the most recent one Divine Misdemeanors. My best friend keeps telling me to read it, but I am finishing up two books as well as two reviews that need to be written first. I am too slow for my own good!