Shawna's Reviews > Cody (Love at First Bite, #4) (Braddock Brothers, #1)

Cody (Love at First Bite, #4) (Braddock Brothers, #1) by Kimberly Raye

4 ½ stars – Vampire/Contemporary Romance

An alpha cowboy hunk + pleasure giving vampire + present day Texas setting (including my very own city of Austin) + Blaze’n hawt, hawt sex = Shawna one very happy girl! *naughty grin*

Cody Braddock is a hot, angst-laden, guilt-ridden, adrenaline junkie, alpha, champion bull-riding rodeo cowboy, and also happens to be a vampire, who draws his strength and invincibility from women’s orgasms, seeking vengeance against the master vampire who murdered his family, burned his ranch homestead to the ground, and turned him into a blood-and-orgasm-thirsty immortal.

Cody has a strict pleasure’em and leave’em, no strings attached policy, especially since all he cares about in his endless life is winning one more champion title belt and exacting his revenge, now that he’s finally tracked his family’s killer to the small Texas town of Skull Creek. On his way there, his path of retribution takes a slight detour when he meets sweet, innocent, passionate Miranda Rivers in an Austin bar, who’s looking to sow some wild oats and experience her very first man-induced orgasm, before tying the knot and succumbing to a life of boredom.

Although Miranda has a strict no cowboys rule, she decides that a wild, wanton, one time only tryst with the stud is exactly what she needs to get her long buried, dormant lust completely out of her system, for good. After one taste of Miranda, love’em and leave’em Cody can’t stop craving more, and suddenly she’s having second thoughts about her cowboys off limits code. But Cody is hell-bent set on vengeance and refuses to let a woman sidetrack him, no matter how much she stirs his lust or warms his cold heart. Can Miranda convince Cody that they belong together, forever?

Cody is the first book in a new Braddock Brothers off-shoot of Raye’s Love at First Bite Blaze series, and some of those characters make appearances in this. If this story is any indication of the fun and heat factor of the previous books, then you can bet I’ll be picking them up, and very soon! It’s an entertaining, super fun, smokin’ hot quickie read with a sexy vampire, cowboy stud and a great way to fantasize away a few hours. In fact, it’s my top favorite Harlequin Blaze read so far! 4 ½ stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cody (Love at First Bite, #4) (Braddock Brothers, #1).

10/05/2009 page 91
40.63% "Alpha cowboy AND a vampire...momma likie! :)"
10/05/2009 page 210
93.75% "Another hot Blaze read...loved it!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♡Karlyn P♡ OK Shawna! What did you think?!! I never read this author, but OMG the 'cowboy vampire' plotline has me scratching my head. My guess is it will either really work, or it won't at all. So which is it?? Is there a happy medium to this one?

Shawna KarLynP wrote: "OK Shawna! What did you think?!! I never read this author, but OMG the 'cowboy vampire' plotline has me scratching my head. My guess is it will either really work, or it won't at all. So which is i..."

I loved it! It was hot, hot, hot! Review to come (soon) hopefully! :)

♡Karlyn P♡ Shawna wrote: "I loved it! It was hot, hot, hot! Review to come (soon) hopefully! :)
..."

wow, awesome! This is available on audio and I will have to download it now! Thanks, I look forward to reading your review.

message 4: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Great Review Shawna, you had me sold on this book by this one senetence

XD

message 5: by Dina (new)

Dina Great review, Shawna, but I'm having a hard time picturing a "cowboy vampire". I guess I'll have to see it for myself, LOL.

message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review Shawna! Is this part of a series? Tex Appeal and Drop Dead Gorgeous are also about vampire cowboys in Skull Creek, TX.

Shawna Rane wrote: "Great Review Shawna, you had me sold on this book by this one senetence

also happens to be a vampire, who draws his strength and invincibility from women’s orgasms XD"

LOL! Thanks, Rane! :)

message 8: by Shawna (last edited Oct 06, 2009 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shawna Dina wrote: "Great review, Shawna, but I'm having a hard time picturing a "cowboy vampire". I guess I'll have to see it for myself, LOL."

It totally worked for me, Dina! :)

message 9: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Great review, Shawna:)

Shawna Tammy wrote: "Awesome review Shawna! Is this part of a series? Tex Appeal and Drop Dead Gorgeous are also about vampire cowboys in Skull Creek, TX."

Thanks, Tammy! Yep, it's part of the "Love at First Bite" series, which features those Skull Creek vamp boys, but this is the first in a "Braddock Brothers" spin-off.

message 11: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Good to know! Thanks Shawna. :)

Shawna Daisiemae wrote: "Great review, Shawna:)"

Thanks, Daisie! :)

message 13: by Auntee (new)

Auntee Great review Shawna! This certainly sounds 'unique'!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I'd love to have my own alpha-cowboy-vampire-hunk!

Shawna Auntee wrote: "Great review Shawna! This certainly sounds 'unique'!"

Thanks, Auntee! It was indeed! :)

Eyre wrote: "Great review! I'd love to have my own alpha-cowboy-vampire-hunk!"

Thanks, Eyre! You and me both! :)

Melanie♥ More for the wish list!!!

MK (Food actvist) I read about this author before but hadn't added to any of my to buy list. I will now! Great review, Shawna. Thanks!

Shawna Thanks, Kenjii! Enjoy!