Darcy's Reviews > Beyond Reach

Beyond Reach by Karin Slaughter

Sep 29, 09

bookshelves: 2009, law-enforcement, mystery
Read in September, 2009

I really liked this book. Having started out hating Lena, I have done a compete turn around and now like her. She is still completely messed up, but she is getting out of the hole that she dug herself and is trying to do the right thing. I do wonder if by the last phone call with Ethan if she doesn't mess herself back up. Loved the little cameo with the Ben Carver (physco from Triptych). I also loved how Hank managed to hide so much from Lena that would have hurt her. Even now as a grown up he is willing to keep secrets to not hurt her. Loved that twist.

I found myself not liking Sara in this book. She seemed like a whole different person. I know a lot of that was intential due to the lawsuit, but in every other book it was always mentioned how strong she was. Now it seemed like she is just going to roll over and let this take over her life. No where is that more evident than in the last few pages on the phone call with her mother.

I haven't been a Jeffery fan, but did like to see him stick up and around for Lena. He did his best to help her out, and has done so all along. With getting the good news at the end you would think that all would be right with his life.

The whole story line with the skin head / meth people was interesting. I know this happens so much in the country, but I would hope that the level of coruption wouldn't be that bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Reach.