Dina's Reviews > Secret Thoughts

Secret Thoughts by Sasha White

1918270
Oct 01, 09

bookshelves: anthology, erotica-romantica, contemporary-romance, historical-romance, dnf, to-blog
Read in September, 2009

Gah, I don't know why I keep hurting myself and reading anthologies!

To be honest, the only novella in this book that I read from beginning to end was 'Southern Heat' by Beth Williamson, and I didn't like it. It was one of those Cinderella-inspired stories, with the orphaned heroine being sent to live with her absent uncle, abusive aunt and idiot cousin, and I usually don't have a problem with stories with a fairy tale setup, but this one didn't work for me and the author failed to make me buy the "love" at 1st sight. I should note that I'm using the word "love" sarcastically, because all that the hero and the heroine had was one hot sex encounter - where each didn't know who the other was! - and that was it, they were "in love" with each other. This works in true fairy tales, not in romance novels.

As for the other novellas, they were awfully short and I wasn't interested enough to give them a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret Thoughts.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 29, 2009 06:07PM) (new)

:-O One star is not good not good at all. You really haven't had a very good week book wise.

message 2: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina I don't know, I think I'm jinxed. Or I'm just in a bad mood, LOL. Maybe I should take a break from new reads and reread some of my keepers. I need a winner to get out of this slump.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Dina wrote: "I don't know, I think I'm jinxed. Or I'm just in a bad mood, LOL. Maybe I should take a break from new reads and reread some of my keepers. I need a winner to get out of this slump."

That might be a good plan. Maybe an In Death book or a Psy-Changeling? ;)

message 4: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina You've read my mind, audball! The "problem" with choosing the 'In Death' series is, I'll end up wanting to reread the whole series and there are too many books there! But I've been thinking of rereading them for some time, so I might cave and do it. I can reread one in between other new reads and start writing some comments about each book. Not a full review, just some notes about my favorite scenes in each book. Obviously, it's going to be a "spoiler feast", LOL. Oh yeah, this should be fun!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL. I've already gone back and read a couple of the first books again, even though I'm not even finished with the series. :) So I totally understand your desire to reread them. I'd love to read any of her comments/favorite scenes throughout the series. :)

Have you checked out the website http://www.indeath.net/wikiindeath/in... ? It has so much info and cool stuff. My fave is the best quotes/scenes from each book. I spent awhile on there a couple weeks ago just perusing through the funny/memorable quotes. :

message 6: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina I already reread the 1st 15 or so books in the series more than once, twice... too many times to count, actually. The later ones, not so much - not because I don't love them too, but because I used to do a lot more rereading a few years ago than I do nowadays.

Yes, I know the website you mentioned and I also spend time there, usually when I'm about to read a new 'In Death' book. That website is amazing!

message 7: by Rane (new)

Rane sorry it became a DNF read, Dina

message 8: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina No worries, audball, I'm due for a winner - and it'd better be soon! :)

message 9: by Shawna (new)

Shawna I hear ya Dina! I'm not always too keen on them either.