Jordan Price's Reviews > Among the Living

Feb 26, 15

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: wrote
Read in May, 2005

Writing tidbit: I was initially going to make Vic more dramatically paranormal. First idea was he could be a genie who wasn't allowed to do wishes for himself. Then, a half-demon. But I found the more "normal" I made him (if you could call him that), the more the story came alive.
34 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Among the Living.

Rebecca I love Vic. It took a while for him to grow on me, but once he did, I was hooked. I found I "missed" him between books, and I love how we see him grow as a character--both emotionally as well as psychically. I look forward to more of his story.

message 2: by Jordan (new) - added it

Jordan Price Thanks, Rebecca. The series arc is all about his growth and change so I'm happy to hear it's an aspect you enjoy!

message 3: by Max (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max well, let's face it, Victor IS dramatically paranormal, more than he even lets on. I'd love to see what he could do if he just let his perfectly coiffed hair (thanks to Crash) down and let the spooky flow.

Victoria The genie idea sounds really cool, but I really love Vic just as he is. I consider him one of my top favorite main characters out of all of the books I've ever read, and it's a really short list.

Diane Vic is definitely my favorite character from all of your books. I love his self-deprecating humor! I also loved how much he grew to understand and utilize his psychic abilities as the series continued. I hope you'll still be writing about Victor and Jacob from time to time, because I love reading about them!

Kylia Vic is great. He's so human, so flawed, that it's easy to see someone we might know in him. The struggle he deals with isn't everyone's struggle but it's his and it's unique, and his drive as a character and his insecurities and vulnerabilities are what make him interesting not what he can see or who he can speak to...or not.

Sibilla Vic is perfect as he is! Best character ever: human, real, and hilarious. Plus, he is never "too much", i.e. yes he is a little paranoid, but he never gets over the edge becoming annoying or plainly stupid, as it happens to many characters. He is really smart.

Sibilla Oh, and when book n.8?