Mason Croney's Reviews > Black Hawk Down

Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden

M_50x66
Oct 01, 09

Black Hawk Down book review
For my book review, I chose to read Black Hawk Down. It was a little hard to follow sometimes because it had a lot of characters and switched back and forth to different characters a lot. But, except for that, I thought this book was a really cool book. First of all, I think the author wrote this book to just tell a story about this true event. Also, while I was reading this book I felt sad in some parts because some people die. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a lot of action and war. This book has a lot of that. Next, the portion of the book that captivated my attention was the part in the middle when all the helicopters start getting shot down. Also, the thing that kept me reading this book was that it had a lot of suspense. If this book was made in to a movie (which it already is) I would choose anyone who is good at acting in action movies to play the characters. I would choose some people like Tom Cruise or Will Smith because they are good at action movies. And No, I was not able to predict the ending of this book. The author did a good job of keeping you guessing about what was going to happen next. My favorite character was Matt Eversmann because he was the leader of one of the ground forces and I liked the way he responded to bad situations. My least favorite character was Ali Mohamed because he was a Somali and hated Americans. Finally, my favorite quote in the book was “I think I just saw a helicopter get hit.” I like that quote because after that, is when all the helicopters start to get shot down and everything starts up. Like I said, overall, Black Hawk Down was a really cool book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Hawk Down.