kari's Reviews > Vision in White

2207055
Jun 08, 10

bookshelves: 2009, 5-star
Read in October, 2009

I've read several Nora Roberts and this is the best one so far. She always draws her characters so well, you can actually see them and what they do.
Mackenzie and her three best friends own and operate a wedding planning business. Mackenzie(Mac) does the photography, Emma, the flowers, Laurel the cakes and the whole of the enterprise is overseen by Parker. All of them have been friends since childhood and they love each other and have each other's backs. The interactions between the four friends are funny, sarcastic and filled with little short-hand phrases and terms that long time friends use with each other.
Mac doesn't believe in happily ever after. Her mother is a serial-marrier after her dad left when she was four.
Carter Maguire is a soft-spoken English teacher, whom Mac knew from a distance when they were both in high school and he had a crush on her that she never knew. Carter is one of the best heroes I've come across. He proves that smart is sexy as he proudly waves his nerd flag. He is so open and honest with his feelings. How can Mac not fall for him?
I'd recommend this for anyone who loves wonderfully told romantic stories. This is Roberts at her best. Can't wait for the next book in this series.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vision in White.

Crystal Woohoo!! 5 stars!! I'm so happy that you liked it!

Crystal I like your review =) *jumps in the air and clicks heels together*

kari Crystal wrote: "I like your review =) *jumps in the air and clicks heels together* "

I love love love this one. Carter is such a sweetie, and funny and smart and honest. This book made me tear up several times, just from the things he did or thought or the cr*p her mother put her through. Roberts writes the best characters. You can't wait to see what they'll do next. The following one comes out Tuesday. I'll be ordering on payday next Friday, can't wait!

Crystal SQUEE! Carter is difinitely a man after my own heart :)