Robyn Sadler's Reviews > Twenties Girl

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Oct 06, 09

Read in October, 2009

So I finally finished Twenties Girl. This one took me forever. It wasn't bad, but I just couldn't get into it. Which was a disappointment. I love Sophie Kinsella but this one wasn't my favorite. There were parts were you do laugh but I wasn't falling in love with the main character.

The main character Lara Lington has a big issue and it's her great aunt Sadie. It's her great aunt who passed away at the age of 105 appearing to her as a ghost at the age of twenty-three. Sadie gets Lara to help find a necklace that is very important to her. Of course there is drama along the way. Also along the way she meets Ed, an American. Do the two hit it off? You know I can't tell you that.

What I did like was that Sadie got Lara into twenties clothing, make-up, and all. That brought the Kinsella I love reading.

I still think you should check this one out. It might not be the Shopaholic series or Can You Keep a Secret. But definitely read it and let me know what you think. I think this is one of those books that some will love and some will not love but like. You won't hate it that's for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenties Girl.

10/01/2009 page 73