Marie Z. Johansen's Reviews > Image Transfer Workshop Mixed-media Techniques for Successful Transfers by Duran Wilson, Sandra ON Jul-18-2009, Paperback

Image Transfer Workshop Mixed-media Techniques for Successful... by Sandra Duran Wilson

Oct 21, 09

bookshelves: art, mixed-media-art
Read in September, 2009

Whenever I see a new book come out on my favorite technique, image transfers, I simply cannot restrain my fingers from hitting the "buy me now" button. Once in awhile I am disappointed but sometimes I am also totally, unabashedly, thrilled with a book. This book, "Image Transfer Workshop", looked like it was right up my alley and it is ! I LOVE this book. It explores so many different techniques and presents them so well that I would venture to say that this is a "must have" book for anyone who has an interest in image transfers, mixed media, or art quilting. I think it is one of the best books on this subject to come down the proverbial pike in a long time. "Transfers & Altered Images" by Chris Cozen is still a favorite book but is a bit more technique focused because Ms. Cozen is an artist for Golden Paints. Golden Paints are my favorite products to use but it is good to have a book that covers ALL manner of image transfer techniques. This book does that and does it very admirably.
The variety of techniques covered in the book is phenomenal . It's a fabulous resource and I think, should be in the library of any mixed media artist! 5 stars on this one !
Just have a look at the fabulous "Table Of Contents" of this book! It sums it all up!

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Image Transfer Workshop Mixed-media Techniques for Successful Transfers by Duran Wilson, Sandra ON Jul-18-2009, Paperback.