Davis Aujourd'hui's Reviews > A Course in Miracles

A Course in Miracles by Foundation for Inner Peace

Sep 28, 09

Spirituality is the most important ingredient in my life. [...:] I am always on the outlook for books that enrich my spiritual understanding. This is definitely one that has done that for me.

The book is written in three sections. The first section is the longest. That is the main text. It is a challenge to absorb. I often found the language to be be difficult to understand. Yet I believe there is a valid reason for this. I think that the purpose is to challenge the reader to get past their preconceived notions of "what is."

As the text says, it continues to weave an evolving pattern of the underlying principles contained within the course. Some of the passages are absolutely beautiful. They touched my soul. I can truly accept that this course was channeled through the author by Jesus. What is remarkable is that the author, who was a psychologist, had been an atheist before she began to receive the inspiration that she felt compelled to write down.

The course will challenge traditional Christians to let go of their preconceived religious beliefs. The main premise is that we are all one. Our challenge is to let go of our own egos and to develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit to serve as our guide in order to lead a life of peace and joy.

The second section of the course contains 365 daily lessons. This is where I have begun to develop a further sense of my soul. They provide a framework for opening oneself to a more mystical experience which has helped me become more attuned to my spirit.

They are absolutely beautiful lessons that are relatively easy to absorb. They have also strengthened my relationship with Jesus. I have found that I have needed to spend several days working on each lesson. That has required a spiritual commitment and discipline.

Paradoxically, the easiest part of the course for me to absorb was the workbook for teachers. This is the third section of the course. It is written in a language that is easy to comprehend.

The course has been instrumental in helping me to let go of judgment and to embrace my oneness with all of creation. This has helped me let go of limiting labels along with my tendency to compare myself with others. It has also helped me to realize that I am one with all others as I am one with God. I am in Him as He is in me.

I have been working on the course for nearly two years and I am in the process of going through it for the second time. Concepts have been easier for me to absorb as I do this. I encourage the readers not to become discouraged. Just open your minds and be patient with yourself as well as with the course.

The only reason that I gave the book only four stars was because it is initially difficult to comprehend. As for my total experience in working with it, it has had a significant impact upon my spiritual evolution. I would highly recommend this book to all spiritual seekers regardless of their religious backgrounds. The messages contained within it are universal.

Davis Aujourd'hui, author of "The Misadventures of Sister Mary Olga Fortitude"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Course in Miracles.