Mel's Reviews > Lord of the Fading Lands

Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: not-sure-about-this

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Fading Lands.

Celine Well, good luck with this one :) my guess is you are going to be as annoyed as I am!

message 2: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Oh. Really? Now you made me curious.
Well, since I'm rarely in a fantasy mood, I don't I'll be reading it any time soon. But it's still good, right?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought this one was 1/2 good. And 1/2 intensely irritating, but still it had some promise (although the editing is crap. I guess we can't say all the poor content editing is isolated to m/m) I couldn't get into the second one at all and DNF'd it about 50 pages in.

Celine Still good? euh that would be a nono
I really can't say it's good, at all... i'm at the verge of abandoning ship. It's whiny, it's descriptive as hell, it's possessive-protectiveness like you never read before...should I go on?

I don't understand why I cannot just ditch it? :p
after my ranting you'd think I'd already thrown it across the room.... still hoping things would improve but now i read they don't progress much after the initial 'woe-ing' of the girl....WTF? guess there is no improvement ahead.

Celine and i'm definitely NOT starting the second

message 6: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Okay okay, I added this to my 'not sure about this'-shelf. Happy now?

Celine well done hon :)

I'm sorry maybe you shouldn't listen to me as I am on the 'downhill-from-now road' after SF
I'm curious, you have a copy? give it a try... otherwise I wouldn't spend too much on it (zal ik je mijn exemplaar sturen? :))

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The 1/2 that was intriguing was the fantasy, not the "romance". Just so ya know.

message 9: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Nee dankje Celine, heb nog een oude kopie van mijn zusje liggen. Fluff Celine, fluff!

So but despite the intriguing fantasy you didn't finish?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Mel wrote: "Nee dankje Celine, heb nog een oude kopie van mijn zusje liggen. Fluff Celine, fluff!

So but despite the intriguing fantasy you didn't finish?"

I finished the first book, but I couldn't do much with the second one. Too full of narrative and scene setting for future conflict + the characterization was thin. BORING. I have no idea where she went with the story.

Celine nikske fluff! bah!

i'm back to Psycop and loving every little bit of it!! I forgot how deliciously clumsy Vic was hmmmmmmmm

message 12: by Mel (new) - added it

Mel Oh Vic... Gotta love the guy. I don't know anyone who didn't fall in love with him. Well, except crazy Kate up here...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Mel wrote: "Oh Vic... Gotta love the guy. I don't know anyone who didn't fall in love with him. Well, except crazy Kate up here..."

Vic, ehh phooey. He's not endearing, he's annoying. And whiny.

;)

Celine LOL Kate, that's great, give us all your impressions of Vic! :)

I love the humor in Psycop, JCP makes me snicker everytime. Hers and ZA Maxfield, the funniest!

and you finished the first book of the Fading lands: you make it sound as if it was with great effort...i'm glad i gave up. I always get torn between wanting to know how it ends and being annoyed.