Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > Big City, Bad Blood

F 50x66
Sep 26, 2009

bookshelves: 2009-audio-books, 2009-mysteries
Read in September, 2009

Big City, Bad Blood, by Sean Chercover, B. Narrated by Joe Barrett, produced by, and downloaded from audible.com.

I realized, when I started this book, that it comes before “Trigger City” which I actually read first. I liked “Trigger City” much better. In this book we meet Ray Dudgeon, who became disillusioned as a news reporter and resigned to become a private eye. He is hired as a bodyguard for a man on a movie location in California, and he becomes involved in a Chicago mafia war between two families, as well as becoming privy to information on important local Chicago officials as well as national officials, which the mafia was using to blackmail them into giving them breaks, whether it be in court cases, police department cases, etc. Ray also becomes unwittingly the middle between the Chicago police and the FBI both wanting him to turn the files on these officials over to them. Lots of fast action, several killings, mostly done by Ray, and some interesting characters, both the heroes and villains.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big City, Bad Blood.