(NS) Dana's Reviews > The Boy Without a Name

The Boy Without a Name by Idries Shah

Sep 26, 09

bookshelves: multicultural-literature
Read in September, 2009

When two parents visit a wise man after having a boy they are told to not give their son a name. The wise man tells them that when he is older a name will be given. This story is about how the boy without a name searches on his own to find a name, and how he feels at the end of his search.

*This was a non-printed material found on International Digital Childre's Library
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Without a Name.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by (NS) Becca (new)

(NS) Becca This book looks extremely intriguing! In my classroom, I like to start off the school year reading Chrysanthemum so that we can really discuss the meaning of each of our names. My classroom is full of all different cultural backgrounds and I try to teach the kids about the importance of cultural pride. I think that this story points out that your name can mean so much and it's interesting to see that this boy gets to develop himself before he has a name assigned. He can define himself before his own culture does. I wonder how he felt. I can't wait to try this book out!