Hollyhocks's Reviews > The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream

The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama

Aug 13, 08

bookshelves: listenedto
Read in August, 2008

I loved his first book so much that I kinda thought this one would be more like it. I love his ideas and would love to take it as all honesty. I don't know much about politics or the history of politics so some of it was a bit over my head but I thought he was pretty good at pointing out good things in the past that Republicans have done also, except the well-known fact that ever since Bush came to office our country has gone down the drain .. okay, not Senator Obama's thoughts, mine .. but I did enjoy to listen to him and can only hope that he truly is the same person .. and this all isn't just a bunch of wool being pulled over America's eyes.
I rated it a 4 though cuz I feel like yes, if we could do all these changes it would be great .. and I understand that is why the title is the Audacity of Hope .. but .. I've lost hope. Not only has the nation been polarized in politics but I think in morals too, when we turn on the television it looks like trash, or "celebrities" is all we, as a nation, care about ... I wish the things he said could be done, but I don't know if I can hope any longer ...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Audacity of Hope.