stephanie's Reviews > The Queen of Attolia

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner

Sep 25, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, absolutely-must-read, fantasy, would-rec, young-adult, 2010
Read in September, 2009

2010 reread: lord, this book is so freaking good. i love gen, i love attolia. and eddis and the magus. oh man, i love these people so much. and the world they inhabit.

i think one of my favorite scenes is eddis and attolia on horseback. the cleverness, the smart, smart writing . . . i'm telling you, these books should not be left lying around. they should be in people's hands, and loved loved loved.

2009: re-reading! i wish a conspiracy of kings was coming out sooner, but re-reading them is a good thing to do. they are twisted and dark and happy and make me happy.

this is, i think, my favorite in the series. it's brilliant. gen is one of the best characters ever, but eddis and attolia and EVERYONE are so fleshed out and real and heart-breaking.

(more thorough review later.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen of Attolia.

09/25/2009 page 126
34.81% "oh, the magus! i'm so glad he's back."

Lucy <3 This might be my favorite of all three. Not 100% sure. It's possible that my favorite is always the one I've read the most recently, so I'm still marveling at it in my mind.