Tara Chevrestt's Reviews > The Borgia Bride

The Borgia Bride by Jeanne Kalogridis

Sep 25, 09

bookshelves: women-that-really-existed-fiction, rome
Read in November, 2008

I do not like this book, or I should say I enjoyed this book fine until the Romans entered the picture. I am seeing a pattern in all books I read with Romans in them. What a vile, disgusting lot. The first half of the book is Sancha and her childhood home, cruel father, a war fought with the french, an unwanted marriage to the Pope's son, and then she goes to Rome. In Rome, she discovers the Pope is having inappropriate relations with every woman that crosses his path, including his daughter. After observing this vile and incestuous behavior and warding off the Pope's advances, she professes her love to her husband's brother (the Pope's other son) and begins the same repulsive behavior. I would like to add, she had only met the fellow the night before. Come on!!! She continues to have relations with her brother in law while fending off the pope and even her OTHER brother in law at the same time. Little too much perversion for me. Surely there was more to running a kingdom than chasing women. You would not know it from this novel tho. Two start instead of just one due to the first half being pleasant enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Borgia Bride.