Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Jul 03, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, ya-fantasy

The waters are getting deeper in this volume, and a little darker...but the first readers were growing up between volumes when this was first published. These are some of the most well written books around. Kudos To Ms. Rowling.

This book stands out for a couple of reasons...not to give any spoilers, it stands out as introing us to a couple of important characters and also for the nonappearance of another. The characters stay true to themselves and we get to know them even better.

The characters in this/these books will probably be as real to you as any fictional characters in any book ever were or will be. Very, very well written. I believe you will grow to care deeply for them.

Here Harry's relationship with his aunt and uncle (not to mention Dudley) becomes even more strained (yes I agree it seemed impossible, but there you are). Rushing off into the night Harry will soon be faced with certain changes and new challenges. He'll learn more about himself and start to learn things that will set him in good stead later in the story.

Excellent books.
16 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.