Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Jul 03, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, ya-fantasy

The Harry Potter books are all well worth reading. I read this "back" when it came out (my kids grew up "as the books came out" and were adults by the time the series finished). The books do develop as they go along and slowly become somewhat darker volume by volume. There is more foreshadowing here more clues and a good solid story. Adults and children alike will like it. Just be sure with each volume that the child/youth in question is mature enough. Here the story is only 2 volumes along and still not so dark as it will get.

These books are exceptionally well written and as you delve into each book you get to know the characters better and better. Ms. Rowling does an incredible job in constructing not only her world but its inhabitants. But then they not only sold multiple millions of copies but seem to have inspired dozens (if not hundreds) of y/a books (and not a few adult adult reading level books)about (young) wizards and wizarding schools. Seems like Harry Potter may have been noticed.

In this one we're going to find out more about the history of Hogworts and of course get clues and information that will serve us well as the series goes on. As the students of Hogworts come under threat stories of the long rumored Chamber of Secrets begin to circulate...is it real, has it been opened, was it ever opened before.

Will anyone die?

These are excellent books.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.