Stephanie's Reviews > The Year of the Flood

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

Oct 30, 09

bookshelves: favorites, post-apocalyptic, 2009
Read in October, 2009

Loved IT!! "Oryx and Crake is on my favorites list, this one has to go right next to it. "The year of the flood" is a side-quel to "oryx and Crake" so I guess putting it there makes sense. Now I feel that I have to revisit "Oryx and Crake", since I read it a few years ago, I need to refresh my memory. A very good read! Margaret Atwood is a flip'n genius.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of the Flood.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Margaret Atwood
“Remember,' she'd tell her staff, 'every customer wants to feel like a princess, and princesses are selfish and overbearing.”
Margaret Atwood, The Year of the Flood

Margaret Atwood
“All Creatures know that some must die
That all the rest may take and eat;
Sooner or later, all transform
Their blood to wine, their flesh to meat.

But Man alone seeks Vengefulness,
And writes his abstract Laws on stone;
For this false Justice he has made,
He tortures limb and crushes bone.

Is this the image of a god?
My tooth for yours, your eye for mine?
Oh, if Revenge did move the stars
Instead of Love, they would not shine.”
Margaret Atwood, The Year of the Flood

message 1: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy She is a genius. I live up in Sudbury Ontario and for the past few years she has come up here for her birthday and given a lecture. I am promising myself that I will go and see her this year. Funny though I've read some of her other earlier books and I just didn't care for them much. But her science fiction is top-notch.

Stephanie Tracy wrote: "She is a genius. I live up in Sudbury Ontario and for the past few years she has come up here for her birthday and given a lecture. I am promising myself that I will go and see her this year. Funny..."

Oh that would so cool to see her! Enjoy.