BJ Rose's Reviews > Fire Study

Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder

2030200
Feb 02, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, series, library-books, magic-witches-fae
Read from January 12 to 14, 2010

Blood magic, corruption of power, a massacre, tormented souls, a Soulfinder, a Story Weaver, a Spirit Guide - what's not to love?! For a start, there wasn't enough of Valek, Ari, and Janco - I really got hooked on those guys in Poison Study!

There is, rightly I thought, a lot of time spent in Yelena's thinking about being a Soulfinder: what if I like it too much and start abusing my power? what if I do it wrong and create more tormented souls? what if...? what if...? After a while, tho, I really wanted her to pay more attention to her Story Weaver's hints. And although I definitely like a strong heroine who can take care of herself, I also want her to be smart enough to know when she should rely on a skill or strength that someone else has.

Eventually, Yelena does stop fighting what she is, and opens herself to the positive possibilities of her talent. Now all she has to worry about is: what will my spirit guide be? Irys has a hawk, Bain has a wind leopard, Zitora has a unicorn, Yelena has ? read it and find out!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Study.