Elizabeth's Reviews > The Monsters of Templeton

Oct 03, 10

bookshelves: fiction
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Sunday
Read from September 22 to 24, 2010, read count: 1

I'm having a bit of hard time knowing how to rate Monsters of Templeton, which is why it's taken me over a week to post this review.

On the one hand, it collected dust on my dresser for a year from the time that Sonya sent it to me until I finally picked it up. Once picked up, though, I zipped through it in two days, staying up much later than normal in order to finish. I enjoyed it, but I also acknowledge many of the problems and caveats mentioned by other reviewers.

In fairness, this is what I can say: I enjoyed Monsters of Templeton. It's a fun and quick read, a good effort for a first novel, and I would recommend it to friends who enjoy stories about coming to terms with your family's messy past. I might read it again, but then again, I might not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monsters of Templeton.

09/23/2010 page 46
12.0% "After a year on my nightstand, I'm FINALLY getting to this and really enjoying it so far."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasia (new) - added it

Kasia I recently read her book of short stories and have been meaning to get this!