Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > Jealousy

Jealousy by Lili St. Crow

Mar 28, 2015

bookshelves: i-own, bought-by-me
Read in September, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This book was incredible! The best in the series so far! From the minute I started reading, I was hooked. Unlike the previous book where I felt nothing really happened at times, this book was full speed the entire time. There was always something happening, something to keep me interested. The plot was exciting and a lot happened over the course of the book. We learn more about just what Dru is as a svetocha, and Christophe’s history with Dru’s mum. There was always a question hanging over my head that I had to know the answer to.
It was good to see all my fave characters back. Dru, Graves and Christophe obviously returned, but also Ash, Dibs and Shanks were all there and it was good to see them. I liked the inclusion of a lot of new characters and I found myself liking Leon and Benjamin. Oh, I did not like Anna. What a b**** (excuse my language) and I’m glad the Order saw her for what she truly was in the end.
I think Dru went through a lot in this book, and over all she handled herself very well. She didn’t let it get to her at times when I expected she would. She seems to be becoming stronger and I like that.

I will admit that out of all the series’ I’ve read where there is a love triangle involved, this is the one where I have the most difficulty picking a team. Both are really great guys and seem to care about Dru sooo much. Graves is such a great guy, he’s really starting to shape up and come into his own, and it’s obvious that he really cares for Dru but Christophe is so.....Christophe. There’s just something about him that’s so hot, and compelling and if I’m honest I’m leaning more towards him. Like Dru mentioned in the book Graves is perfect boyfriend material, and while Christophe well...isn’t exactly normal in those regards, his connection with Dru seems to be deeper. I mean Dru’s friendship with Graves is so strong, they seem to know each other better than almost anyone, but when it comes to Christophe they click in an entirely different way. I loved how he’s so caring when it comes to her, and protective. I don’t doubt he’d do anything for her.

Towards the end of this book, I was absolutely blown away. During the trial when the secrets about Anna came out I was shocked to see just how heartless she truly is. I mean I knew she was cruel and nasty, but I never realised how much.
When Anna started shooting Dru and Christophe protected her with his own body and then gave her his blood, I was gapping. I literally gasped at that part! It shows how much he cares about her. Dare I say it....... I think perhaps he may love her, even if he doesn’t realise it. I mean, you don’t risk yourself like he did for someone who doesn’t mean a lot to you.

The way the book ended left me hanging on. I’m soooo desperate to know if Dru is going to be able to save Graves from Sergej and just what’s gonna happen now that’s she’s the head of the Order.

I CANNOT WAIT until the next book!!!!! It better get here soon!!!
37 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jealousy.

Quotes Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Liked

Lili St. Crow
“No,” he agreed. “You’re not. She never caused me this agony.”
What could I say to that? The way he was looking at me was making my head feel funny. Was making me feel funny and not just in that oh God I just almost died way.
Christophe leaned in. His mouth was a mere centimetres from me. “She never made me think I would die of heart failure. She never, never made me fear for her this way.”
Lili St. Crow, Jealousy

08/08/2010 page 112
35.0% "Good so far, but i'm waiting for Christophe to FINALLY make an appearance....."
08/09/2010 page 237
75.0% "Seriously good so far...."

Gigi Hudson I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Haha, right. I love Christophe so as long as he's in it i'm sure i'll love it!

Gigi Hudson haha, me too!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Lol, i'm looking 4ward to it being released.

Ellen Go Christophe!!! I haven't even gotten to the second book and I love him!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Haha, there is more of him in the 2nd book than there was the 1st and he's sooo much hotter in the 2nd book (yes, it's possible lol)

message 7: by Ellen (last edited Jan 03, 2010 12:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ellen Eek. Were you reading my mind? :P
Cannot wait to get it. The next time I am even close to the library or any store I am buying it! :D

Christophe.... *sigh* :D hehe.....

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Haha...yes,i'm reading ur mind, cos that's what i thought when i started reading the 2nd book. I didn't think he could get hotter....but he did :D
He and Dru are closer in the 2nd book.... there's more between them....

message 9: by teighan (new)

teighan gibson :P I like Christophe. And I agree, he actaully does get hotter in the 2nd book.
Gah! If only they realeased books out early!
Counting the days...

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I know. There was just something so much more interesting and appealing abt him in the 2nd book
Haha, right! I'm just waiting 4 the days 2 go down

Dayana Yessss I have to agree myself...I LOVE CHRISTOPHE!!!!! Can't wait till the 3rd book!!! Yayyyyyyy

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I'm about to begin reading it and i can't wait to see more of Christophe!

message 13: by Mily (new) - added it

Mily Lou I've been trying to find a book "GREAT BOOK" for a very long time.You know, a "WOW" book =)! I haven't read a WOW BOOK in a long time. Well, to think of it, I've never read a Wow book. I think I'll give this book a try.

message 14: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (last edited Aug 12, 2010 09:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) This book was awesome, but if you're going to read it, don't forget to read the first 2 books first.
The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder was incredible. It's definatly a WOW book. Maybe you could give that a try....

Carla I love Christophe. He1s my favorite character. I wanted him with Dru.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Ditto! I do love Graves, but it'll break my heart if Dru doesn't end up with Christophe in the end.

message 17: by Carla (last edited Aug 02, 2011 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Carla Yeah me too. But I'm already doind a mental prep cause I'm pretty sure she will choose Graves. She just can't stop thinking about him in defiance. She loves him. There is all that safety felling and " he fells like home". And there is atraction too. And beyond all of it she really knows him. She knows that she can trust him, depend on him. And Christophe... there is atraction, a safety felling too but she doesn't really fells safe with him. And she doesn't know and trust him like she does with Graves. And I just don't know why! That guy gave his life for her like a thousand times... what else she needs? She likes and care about him, but for me what she fells for him is not love at all. Actually I think she treats him like a crap and I really hate this. He doesn't deserve this. Actually sometimes I think she doesn't deserve him. I don't like her that much. hahaha

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I think Dru might choose Graves too, but I'm really hoping she doesn't. Obviously she does love Graves, but what she feels is so safe and that's it. There's no spark and intensity--not like what she has with Christophe. With Christophe it's electric and soul deep. I think if she doesn't pick Chris I'll be gutted.
I know! I don't understand why she doesn't trust Christophe completely either. I mean, I know he has his secrets and he's kept things from Dru, but hasn't he proven himself time and time again? I think he has and I hate that she doesn't see that!

You know, I'm actually the opposite. I really, really like Dru. She makes mistakes and bad choices, but she grows. She's very normal and realistic, unlike a lot of perfect heroine's out there nowadays. But I can see why she may get on people's nerves.....

»Shadowhunter« Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)"
indeed so, my fellow 'Strange Angels Series' fan~!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) »Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)"
indeed so, my fellow 'Strange Angels Series' fan~!"

Oh, yes. We all love Christophe!

»Shadowhunter« Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)"
indeed so, my fellow 'Strange Angels Series' fan~!"

Oh, y..."

Yep!!! I really hope that they 'get together' in the end!!!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) »Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)"
indeed so, my fellow 'Strange Angels Series' f..."

Me too =)

»Shadowhunter« Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)"
indeed so, my fellow '..."

I'm really hoping now! After reading Jealousy and Defiance, I discovered that:
- after Dru took Anna's blood, Graves gave her a 'disgusted' look!!
- Christophe doesn't seem like he was the one who sent Graves to you-know-who (I think it was Leontus..)
- Graves thinks that Dru would never take someone's blood (looked back at betrayals, at the reform Schola, in the library after Dru went crazy on Shanks)

=) really looking forward to Reckoning coming out on the 1st of November!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) »Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i totaly will :)"
indeed s..."

Oh, I think there's no way Christophe sent Graves to Sergej! He may not like him, but he cares too much about Dru to hurt her like that.

Me too! Lord, only one more month. It seems so close and yet so far away. I'm really sad the series is coming to an end, but I'm excited for Reckoning--I think it's gonna be an explosive finale, although Dru better end up with Chris or heads will roll, lol!

»Shadowhunter« Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, so you know, i t..."

Well, when I was reading the ending of 'Defiance', I was *ahem* half asleep 'cause I just wanted to finish it so bad - that I'm not sure who betrayed who!

I know that Leon 'delivered' Dry to Sergej, but how was Christophe involved in this?

I could not believe that 'Reckoning' was going to be the last book! I agree with you about Dru + Chris! But I'm sure it would be the same way around, for the Graves fans... ;)

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) »Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, but Christophe's in it, s..."

Neither am I completely. There's a lot of mystery of who's in cahoots with Sergej, but I don't think Chris had anything to do with it. Even if Dru has some slight doubts.

Dru and a few people seem to suspect that Chris may have had something to do with things (can't remember what exactly) but I don't think ge does. It's just not him.

I know! I wasn't expecting it to be either. I was surprised after Defiance when Reckoning was announced as the last book. It seems like there could be so much that could happen, but instead it's ending.
True. And I really like Graves. In the first couple of books, I tossed up the idea of him being with Dru, but in the end Christophe won out for me.

»Shadowhunter« Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt read it yet, bu..."

What I think happens between Dru and Christophe is that, I quote, "they have chemistry"! and in some way they have a 'connection'? and it is because of this that Dru still suspects Christophe (even after what happened in the boathouse ... in 'Betrayals')

Christophe, most likely, was never in cahoots with his father but mystery still shrouds the information about who 'gave away' Graves to Sergej
I hope St. Crow will answer this in 'Reckoning'!

Christophe (despite his many secrets) and his charm definitely won out for me too!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) »Shadowhunter« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love this book. Well, i havnt ..."

I think they fave a real chemistry too. There's no spark between Dru and Graves and I think that lets them down as a couple.
Idk, but I really wish she wouldn't doubt him!

I think she will too---she'd have too. If Dru ends up with Christophe (and fingers crossed she does) I'd love to see St. Crow write a spin-off featuring Graves and the other werewolves like Dibbs and even Ash. It's be awesome.

Ditto. The guy owns my heart!

»Shadowhunter« Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhunter« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Rachel wrote: "»Shadowhun†er« wrote: "Gigi wrote: "I love th..."

I agree with Dru doubting Graves, I mean, every time she was in trouble (except for after the fight with Anna) - Graves was always there to help her get back onto her feet! and yet she still doubted his wanting to stay in the Schola with her, right?

IF Dru ends up no-one, then I would definitely want St. Crow to write a spin-off featuring either about Graves and the other werwulfs or about Christophe and Dru's Mum!