Adrienne's Reviews > Sinful

Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone

2087365
May 07, 10

Read from May 05 to 06, 2010

5+ Stars..........Review to follow after I've read the epilogue on Charlottes website

Ok after I finished this and read the epilogue, which is sweet and ties up any loose ends the reader may have, I went off to read the reviews,now, this is not something I normally do for fear of plagiarism however on this occassion I felt it necessary, just to see if everyone else felt they way I do and yes it seems the general consensus is what a worthy read this is. Very few authors have the ability to make me feel the way I felt when I read this, with my emotions on a rollercoaster I read this in a very short amount of time, basically I couldn't put it down. I wept and cried, got angry, cheered, sighed, felt bereft and finally went to bed happy knowing that despite all the emotional turmoil the love story betweeen Matthew and Jane is ultimately a happy one.

I also liked this because it doesn't follow the normal romance pattern, Mattthews own story is unique for romanace, Janes story not so much so, but she is the rock here and doesn't need to be overly burdened with her own tragedies, Matthews are more than enough.

I was pulled in from the start and at times found myself totally swept into the story, very often I read a book and the characters although pleasant and amenable are just that, but here you find yourself totally encapsulated by the world of Matthew and Jane for time it takes to read.

The love scenes are erotic and sensuous and as the story moves along become deeply moving, the reader is left with no doubt as to what they mean to Matthew and Jane.

For me everyting about this story was perfect, Charlotte has been auto buy for me since I read Addicted I have most (I think) of her short stories and each one moved me, I look forward to her next book with mounting anticipation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sinful.

05/06/2010 page 178
49.44% ""Christ,Jane,what........""
05/06/2010 page 308
85.56% "reaches for tissues....again OMG how sad can it get!!!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Featherstone Adrienne, I know you have been waiting for this for eons. I do hope you enjoy it! I hope I do justice to the inspiration of Stourhead!

Adrienne Charlote my copy was waiting for me when I got home from work to~day. I'm a couple of pages in and looking forward to going to bed so that I can read, read, read.

message 3: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Featherstone Oh, enjoy!
I'm seriously planning a research trip to England in May 2011. I think I'll go back to Stourhead for nostalgia's sake!

Wallingford, while at times a beast of a man has truly captured my heart. I love him, and there's a scene near the end, when he is standing on that bridge...it breaks my heart. I'd like to go back and stand onvthe very same bridge and feel a sense of completion that I wrote his book!

Adrienne I'll be thinking of Stourhead whilst I'm reading:) Doesn't look as though I'll get there any time soon though:(

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Featherstone Uh oh, Adrienne...think Stourhead, peaceful gardens, sunshine......

I think I owe you a few boxes of Kleenex!

Adrienne I am I am......thinking Stourhead that is. You know I love my emo reads so this is perfect, perfect! What can I say except I'm totally blown away. Thank you for taking us on this journey with Matthew and Jane.

message 7: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Awesome review, Adrienne!! I've been hearing lots of great things about this author!!

Rane Wonderful Wonderful Review Adrienne! I have Sinful on the may in the mail and really looking forward to reading Matthew's and Jane story, I may have to make a speical trip to the store to buy a few boxes of kleenex!

Adrienne Thank you both....This is such a good book I can't emphasis that enough:) Matthew is tortured and his story really is sad. Charlotte has written this in such a clever, beautiful way.