Kelly 's Reviews > The Psycho Ex Game: A Novel

1943394
Oct 19, 09

bookshelves: 2009, didnt-finish
Read in October, 2009

I've been having mixed feelings while reading this one, so I think I'm gonna put it aside for now. I made it to page 110 out of 432; maybe I'll pick it up again some day.

The book is written from two points of view, his and hers, and switches back and forth by chapter. The two main characters start an on-going email dialogue in which they compare stories about their "psycho exes" to see who's had the worst of it. Each chapter relates their thoughts and daily goings-on along with their email exchanges.

I'm loving the female character, and she makes me laugh (because I can totally relate!!). But the guy character really bugs me for at least two reasons: 1) He's a rocker dude (totally not my type or my scene). 2) He has a GIRLFRIEND (while pouring out his emotional side to this other girl via email). The girlfriend thus far doesn't seem to mind, which also bugs me b/c it's a bit unrealistic for her to be okay with this. I mean really.

Yet another thing that annoys me is that both characters try way too hard to be witty in their emails. But perhaps I'm just easily annoyed. Regardless, I do think I'll switch to something else at the moment, given that my TBR pile is enormous and I hate the thought of not reading every single book on it. Too many books, not enough time, you know how it goes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Psycho Ex Game.

10/18/2009 page 75
10/19/2009 page 111
25.69% "Not sure whether to keep going with this one or not."
show 1 hidden update…