Debbie's Reviews > Tiger Burning Bright

Tiger Burning Bright by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Apr 23, 07

bookshelves: 2006, fantasy, re-read, favorite-books, dead-tree
Read in July, 2006

It was a little depressing to realize that two of the three authors had passed away since my last reading of this book. Rather than see their country swallowed up by a war, the three women of the ruling family abdicate their throne and then hide in plain sight within their city. After learning that the conqueror is by no means benign, they start to fight back. I love this book. While is is not the best any of the authors have written, the plot is a little too convenient as is the premise that allows all three of the main characters to escape to safety, I still love it. I do wish that the authors had not divided up the chapters amongst themselves so that each only wrote from certain characters' POVs. The differences in writing style are very apparent and characters' patterns of speech change slightly because of this. The second chapter is always a little jarring since Norton's writing style is a bit more roundabout than Bradley's or Lackey's, but after that, it's easy to overlook. One of my comfort books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Burning Bright.