AdultNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great

Against All Grain by Danielle Walker

TCL Call#: 641.5637 Walker D

Madeleine - 4 stars
First off, I love me a cookbook with pictures for every recipe and Walker takes delicious pictures of her food. = 5 stars
I was put off that it was apparently not enough to have a cookbook with no grain but we also had to do no dairy. Maybe it’s enough to just have no grain? But it’s simple enough to switch back in the dairy she’s contorting herself to remove.
THE RECIPES: You’d better already know how to cook because the recipes I tried were missing some info.
Cauliflower rice = delicious! However, the one with the coconut milk is surely miss-written when it says you cook it for 20 minutes but the regular recipie you cook only for 5. It’s the same recipe – just with coconut milk. 20 minutes would leave you with a mash.
Zucchini noodles = not so tastey. Like not so . . . They were stringy and not plump like in the picture. How could they be when you wring them out?
Spaghetti sauce = nope. And another one where she says “simmer for 3 hours”. Simmer with the lid on? Makes a big difference. In the end it was so bland we doctored it up.
Red Curry Salmon = pretty tastey
Bok Choy = basic standard recipe but still tastey
I brought it back as it has holds on it and I’m thinking there are some other good recipes to get out of the book but I do think my skill as a chef is what’s going to save them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Against All Grain.

09/18/2013 marked as: read

message 1: by Nadia (new)

Nadia Usually when you see the word "Paleo" it means gluten AND dairy free because it's part of the original Paleo diet