David's Reviews > I Am Legend and Other Stories

I Am Legend and Other Stories by Richard Matheson

Sep 23, 09

bookshelves: currently-reading

Time for a long-overdue re-read of this book. Shame my copy came with a photograph of an over-rated actor starring in an underwhelming film adaptation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Legend and Other Stories.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brad The movie didn't even come close to Matheson's vision of the future.

Andrew Yeah, I'm so glad I read the book first. Same with I, Robot...I'm just glad Will Smith isn't going to be in the road.

Ryan If I had seen the movie first- I never would have read the book, and that would be a shame. Number two best vampire book ever (under Salems Lot).

Sharon I did enjoy the film, however it wasn't a patch on the book which is probably my all time number one favourite. Unfortunately if I'd not seen the film I wouldn't have wanted to read the book so it had it's good points even if it totally lost the point of the book !

Stephanie I hated how they changed the dog's role in the whole thing. One of the most painful pieces in the story is him working so hard to befriend this dog. The heart break when he knows that it is sick. The only living thing around him.
I like Will Smith and the movie was okay, but it was NOT I am Legend- I am a long time Matheson fan and didn't see the movie until it had been out for a long time.

Petra nye I wish the Movie would have appreciated the Irony of the ending of the book.

Paul Will Smith I assume. Hated that flick, even having seen the cut original ending, showing the 'monsters' as thinking, feeling beings (still missing the point). It was pretty awful.