brian dean's Reviews > The Red Wolf Conspiracy

The Red Wolf Conspiracy by Robert V.S. Redick

Sep 27, 09

Read in September, 2009

This is a big, dense book that I fear might be part of a long, dense series. The number of factions to follow and keep track of are almost Dune-like. They are different kingdoms and groups of humans, flikkermen ( who occasionally flash and can deliver electrical shocks), Murths (mermaids) and Ixchel - tiny people, about 15 centimetres tall. There are also 'woken' animals who have about human intelligence.

There is also the greatship - the Chanthrand, which is a character in it's own right. Most of the action takes place on this ship but the book doesn't feel as nautical as any of forester's, for example.

I found it a great book and will rush to find the next one - which should be available soon. I find that interesting as this, the first book was only recently released. The author could not have written the sequel after publication of the first and be done by now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Wolf Conspiracy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Perhaps the second book in the series will be rushed and not as polished as the first.