AdultNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > The World's Strongest Librarian: A Memoir of Tourette's, Faith, Strength, and the Power of Family

The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne

Sep 16, 13

bookshelves: humor, memoir
Read in September, 2013

TCL Call number: BIO HANAGARNE J
Stephanie’s rating: 5 stars

Let me first start by saying that this book is spectacular! Josh Hanagarne is triumphant in disclosing every delicate aspect of his life to us in such a humorous way. Who would think that a person suffering from Tourette’s would be working at a library…It obviously wasn’t easy, but Josh managed to keep everything intact so that he could pursue his life’s wishes. Growing up Mormon he battled his faith on and off trying to understand why he had to bear the syndrome. At times he would go off the grid. However, he was able to find love through it all and discovered that kettle bells were his best friend! Josh makes a one of a kind friend who encourages him to break free from Tourette’s. One of the things that I really loved about this book was how Josh would talk nonstop about books! At the end of his autobiography he thanks several people including Stephen King, who helped him make uncomfortable situations even more uncomfortable to bear! You’ll find that within the first 5 pages you will be laughing hysterically! Every chapter begins with a story about Josh and a library user. The type of questions and behaviors that some of these people asked and did are beyond comical! More than anything it was the fact that I knew where every altercation between him and the library user took place, because I habitually visited the Salt Lake City Public Library! Oh boy! I encourage everyone to read this book. It is full of love and laughter! I mean it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World's Strongest Librarian.

09/16/2013 marked as: read