valee's Reviews > Industrial Magic

Nov 27, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from November 14 to 23, 2010

3.5 Stars

So far this is the book I have enjoyed the least. But it is not an easy book to review. The reason for this is that I enjoyed some parts way too much while others got me so bored. Making it short, the first half of the book was boring as hell while the 2nd half was amazing.

In the first half we have Paige helping Lucas to resolve some assassinations happening to the teenage offspring of the underworld's most influential Cabals workers. While this was interesting at the beginning, it got extremely boring later as the assassinations kept happening for all the first half of the book. One kid after another got killed and not any informations was found. It just felt like one killing was just as the other and the author was trying to fill pages because seriously NOTHING else happens. NOTHING. 300 pages of kids being killed and no one getting close to find any solutions for it.

But then the 2nd half came, and EVERYTHING changed! And boy did it change. It got so much better I could not even believed I was reading the same book. Seriously, so far the best thing I have read in the series (The 2nd half of the book I mean). In it we see a lot about all the different species, also we see all the main character trying to resolve the case together and Benicio getting closer to Lucas & Paige. I love Benicio and all the characters. It has been so long since I read a series that totally drowns me in it. I can't stop thinking about this series. I love the plot and I love the characters and even though there's almost no romance in it I still can't put it down! There's so much more I need to know. I'll start next book right away! I'm so hooked.

It's funny because at the beginning of the book I was thinking I was sick of Paige and I didn't need to read anything more about her and now I just can't stop thinking I need so much more. I love all this characters!
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Industrial Magic.

11/14/2010 "I have been trapped by this series! Read a book each day and can't stop. I can't remember the last time I read so many UF books in a row. This series is goood! I miss the romance a bit but the plot is great!" 2 comments
11/17/2010
40.0% "I'm a bit bored of Paige. I love Savannah though. But I miss Elena!" 9 comments

message 1: by Kerstin (new) - added it

Kerstin How are you liking this one? I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, but wasn't a great fan of Paige's book, and I haven't picked up this one yet.

valee I'm loving this series. I'm starting this one tomorrow though. I'm reading J.R. Ward right now.

message 3: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 Vale...You are rolling right along with this series. I have to get back to it because it is so good.

valee LOL, I don't know what is it about it but I can't stop. I love series that create a whole new world and start developing it because I get so hooked getting information about it.

message 5: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 I have been a little hesitant about reading the second book because I think Elena and Clay aren't together for most of it...Is that right? I just need to get over it and read it before I forget everything!

valee I had the same problem. It took me forever to start reading it because I wanted more Elena and Clay. They have many scenes together, very hot scenes in this one,lol. But it is true that most of the book they are separated. But there is so much more to this book. You have to read it, it is very good.

message 7: by Ally72 (last edited Nov 23, 2010 08:14AM) (new)

Ally72 This is good news, Vale! I thought the other books didn't have Elena and Clay in them at all so this makes me want to pick them up again (now)! I know the series focuses on different characters so that is good too. I want to start the Kate Daniels and Kitty Norville books soon too. If I only had more time to read...Ah!

valee I know I have so many series to read yet,lol. But you should try this one again. It's great. Really.

message 9: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 You have totally made me moved "Stolen" up in my TBR pile now! Thanks!!!

valee LOL, let me know once you read it.

message 11: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 I definitely will!!!

message 12: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Benicio is a cool character. Sometimes the secondary characters in her books are more interesting than her main characters.

valee I just adore ALL the characters. They are so different from each other that all of them compel me to read more about them. I just wanna read all the books, I can't stop.

valee I'm like an addict now,lol. I want more!! much more! I can't believe I have not got bored of this series. Lately I can't read more than 2 books if a same series in a row, I'm so happy I'm back! I was missing a series like this one!

message 15: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH The thing with this series is that it doesn't really feel like a series. You can read the books as standalones. You CAN read them out of order. There are also her short stories both in anthologies and available on her website that fit in between the books you are reading.

valee Yep, I'm skipping book 5 and going straight to book 6. I don't wanna read about Eve yet.

karisakun yeessss. i really really love Paige! I like her more than Elena :P I have a thing for witches maybe. lol