valee's Reviews > Stolen

2320890
Nov 21, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from November 09 to 13, 2010

Not what I expected, which is good as I thought I would not like this book much. I did like it more than the first installment in this series though. Still, I need more. Something was just missing, but the series is really good, definitely worth to read.

In Stolen we get to read about Elena again, the heroine from book 1. Elena is a werewolf, and the only female werewolf that has ever existed. In book 1 we see how she struggles to understand her wolf and accept it. It took her a while but she did. She also accepted Clay, the werewolf she fell in love with and the one who turned her into one without her permission. While in book 1 it got a bit annoying to see them fighting and Elena trying to avoid him, in this installment we see them extremely in love with one another and totally comfortable with it, which was a very positive change. Clay is super hot, I just love him, he is this super strong and powerful werewolf who is more wolf than human. He also is extremely overprotective, jealous and narrow-minded, qualities I usually hate but Clay made me love them. I just love this couple. It's like they could be very annoying analyzed separately buy by being together they get the best of themselves out for us to see.

But this is not a romance at all, actually there is almost no romance in it as Elena spends 70% of the book in a prison. I know it sound bad, but it isn't. It took me such a long time to get to read this book because many had told me this and I thought it would be totally lame, but it wasn't, not at all. I loved the plot. We see Elena imprisoned by a crazy multimillionaire who wants to study and torture supernatural beings. It sound like a stereotype but it isn't, because the whole time you get new info to understand things and you get to know the characters and sympathize with them a lot more.

Now I'm not giving 5 stars to this book because I needed a much more shocking and powerful ending, one which was as good as the rest of the book. But we do not get that. It is as if the author got without any more pages left and decided to finish the book with a closing phrase. Not good. I need more. I will be reading more books in the series, although I am extremely disappointed to see they are not about Elena and Clay, but about Paige, a character I did not care at all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.

11/12/2010 "I don't understand a thing. I hate it when book start with 5 different characters you don't know anything about and keeps describing events but not who they are. It feels as if I had started the book from the beginning." 7 comments
11/13/2010
70.0% "This ended up more entreating that what I thought it would be! Not the best I have read but definitely a good book!" 1 comment

message 1: by Ally72 (new)

Ally72 I haven't started this one yet so I will be interested to find out what you think of it. This series is good so I know I will be beginning it soon. Lately, I have gotten terrible about starting a book in a series and then not reading all of them at the same time (even when I really love the first book).

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH This was my favorite book of the series (also the first one I ever read!) I love the world that Kelley Armstrong builds with all sorts of wonderful creatures.

valee Me too! I'm currently reading book 4. Loved the first 3 books. I just always seem to find something that does not let me give 5 stars to this series, but at the same time I end up all obsessed,lol.

Sara I agree completely with your opinion- this book was much better than the first but still lacking... something. Am about to start the next novel, hoping it gives me that next bit that I need to fall head over heels in love with the series! Am glad you felt the same as me though cause everyone keeps raving about it like its the bees knees!

Jessie Coad I need more Clay and Elena.

message 6: by AH (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Jessie wrote: "I need more Clay and Elena."

New TV series Bitten is to come out in 2014 on Space in Canada and SyFy in the US.