Rachel Thomson's Reviews > Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

Fearless by Max Lucado

1948759
Sep 22, 09

“Each sunrise seems to bring fresh reasons for fear.” In Fearless, the latest of many books by Max Lucado (the man is, I think, writing an entire library on the basic theme of God’s reality in the modern world), each chapter is an examination of fear—and of the reasons we needn’t give in to it. Lucado’s style is, as always, extremely accessible, packing ancient and life-changing truths into easy-to-read chapters.

Addressing fears from the deeply personal (“What if God isn’t real?” “What if I don’t matter?”) to the circumstantial (“What if the economy collapses completely?”), Lucado recognizes our fears, points us to Christ, and imparts courage in the message that ultimately, God is still here, is still real, is still in charge. Because these things are true, we can do as Jesus urged us and take courage.

Fearless is a simple book with a simple message, but that message is life-changing. Lucado calls our fears into the light, where God is waiting to meet them.

For information and interactivity (webcasts, Q&As) check out TheFearlessTimes.com.

I’m a member of Thomas Nelson’s Book Reviewer Blogger Program: http://brb.thomasnelson.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.