Erica Poole's Reviews > The Looking Glass Wars

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor

Oct 03, 07

bookshelves: read-but-still-love, children-ya
Recommended for: Fantasy/Sci-Fi buffs as well as those who like a twist on Nostalgia!
Read in June, 2007

This book is wonderful, another of the "young adult that attracts grown ups" genre. It is the story of Princess Alyss of Wonderland, who escapes through a Pool of Tears when her evil Aunt Redd stages a coup at the Palace. Alyss escapes to our world where she is mistakenly taken as an orphan with a predilection towards wild fantasies.

Eventually, she meets Lewis Carroll who becomes her confidant and whom she sees as her savior, until he betrays her by turning her harrowing story into a child's book and again she is denied both recognition and help in finding her world again. Eventually she gets back to Wonderland, I won't tell you how, and begins her fight to regain what was once hers. This is a wonderful book of imagination, as well as some historical information and the best part of it is...it is the first in a trilogy! The second came out in August, Seeing Redd! I can't wait until I get my hands on it!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Looking Glass Wars.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Meghan Just finished this myself. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read the sequel!