Nichole (Dirty H)'s Reviews > All Play and No Work

All Play and No Work by Carol Lynne

Sep 21, 09

bookshelves: 2009, mmm
Read in September, 2009

I had a hard time rating this because on one hand, it was horrible. And on the other hand, I kind of enjoyed it. ??? Guilty pleasure indeed.

I would liken this to a really raunchy episode of Barney & Friends. Overly simple, extremely unrealistic, everyone loves everyone and ah, happily ever after. I'm surprised there wasn't any handholding and singing at the end. But I guess a dirty three-way on the kitchen table is pretty much the same thing?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Play and No Work.

09/21/2009 page 48
54.55% "Not sure why I'm reading this..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

JenMcJ Nichole, it is like a daily soap opera. You don't expect complete reality (or any reality at times, lol) and you don't expect Oscar winning performances but you get to know the characters and it becomes important to watch them go through their days in a way that makes them feel like family.

If you look at it like that it makes sense and the rating become more of an average 3 stars because you know what to expect and love it anyway. Sometimes the episode is even better then you expect too. Emmy winning performances sneak in. LOL

Nichole (Dirty H) Yeah, I thought of the soap opera thing too. :) I'll probably keep reading them. I love soaps!

JenMcJ I am totally hooked. lol. There is also her Campus Craving series which is a little more grounded and crosses over into Cattle Valley a little.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Rossy Eyre wrote: "It's pure brain candy. While too much candy is bad for you, it's nice to have a bite every now and then."

LOL...that's exactly what they are!

Rossy JenMcJ wrote: "Nichole, it is like a daily soap opera. You don't expect complete reality (or any reality at times, lol) and you don't expect Oscar winning performances but you get to know the characters and it be..."

You know Jen you are right they are soaps...shoot i didn't even noticed that until you said so, maybe because i don't watch soaps.
I just figured she invented this fictional town so that she can make the most fictional stories she could think. I mean her others stories are not this extreme, case in point Campus Cravings.

Am totally hooked though so there's no helping it, i just need to keep reading them to see what will happen next...lol