Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)'s Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

2001477
Mar 07, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, afew-ofmy-favoritethings, favorites
Read in October, 2009

I don't know even where to start with this review. I've wanted to read this book for awhile and finally ordered it and read it almost the second it hit my hands. What more can I say but it was amazing. The characters were alive within the pages of this book. They were real in the sense that I think everyone could relate to both Brittany and Alex.

You wouldn't think that a gang member would be anything like the rich girl from the other side of town, but you'd be amazed at just how it all... clicks.

From the first page to the last I wanted nothing but more of this story. I wanted to know what would happen next, but at the same time I didn't want the story to end. If you’re thinking of reading this book and believe that it's only about two star-crossed lovers, then you’re wrong in believing that. The story of Brittany and Alex is so much more then just a love story. It's about trust, honesty with others and yourself, it is just full of so many life lessons, and more then I could even begin to list here.

What made this book even more perfect were the alternating point of view chapters. As a reader we were able to learn more about each character and not only who they really were, but what they both really wanted out of their lives.

What more can I say but read it! I know that this is one of those books that I'll be reading and enjoying over and over again. I would recommend you grab this book and read it soon, you won't be disappointed. I know I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.

ETA: Just was on the authors website and it shows that there will be a sequel called Rules of Attraction and will be out May 2010!! I can't wait!

For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

Quotes Lisa (A Life Bound By Books) Liked

Simone Elkeles
“You are the one girl that made me risk eveything for a future worth having.”

Simone Elkeles
“We're actors in our lives, pretendin' to be who we want people to think we are.”

Simone Elkeles
“I want to try making things right because picking up the pieces is way better than leaving them the way they are.”

Simone Elkeles
“One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.”

Simone Elkeles
“Brit: What's your major?

Alex: Chemistry. And yours?

Brit: Chemistry. Kiss me so we can see if we still have it. 'Cause you own my heart, my soul, and everything else in between.”

10/05/2009 page 287
77.99% 3 comments

Christi Great review, I can't wait to read it.

Arielle Nice review! I want to read this so badly! I need to get my hands on a copy ASAP! :)

Lisa (A Life Bound By Books) Arielle wrote: "Nice review! I want to read this so badly! I need to get my hands on a copy ASAP! :)"

Thanks and I can't wait to hear what you think about it! It really is a must read.

Shannon (Giraffe Days) I loved this book. One of my favourites from this year :)