Margaret's Reviews > Enchantment

Enchantment by Orson Scott Card

Oct 10, 07

bookshelves: fiction-science, bookclub

So generally I don't read science fiction. But, I had two friends highly recommend this book. "My favorite book," one of them said. So I read it. Not easily at first because I don't read a lot of fiction these days. But, you know what....it was a delightful book. I really did enjoy it. A little romance. And not the normal science fiction that I was expecting. Good stuff all around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchantment.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lindsey I'm reading this one now and only because someone I love said "My favorite book" and handed it to me with pride. I'm getting a kick out of it. It's interesting and full of adventure. That's all I want.

Christine Orson Scott Card is the author I recommend to my friends who don't read science fiction or fantasy. If you want to try something from the science fiction side, check out Ender's Game.

David Science fiction? This book is wonderful, but it has nothing to do with science fiction. It is a fantasy/adventure, pure and simple.

Planchette That is the perfect word, 'delightful'. You hit the nail on the head.