Jeanne's Reviews > The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl

The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna Reid

Oct 10, 09

Read in October, 2009

I find that with books, I usually either get into them very quickly and can't put them down, or I go very slowly and sometimes don't finish. (Probably why most of the books on my GoodReads list come highly rated, because if I finished them, I liked them.) Anyway, this is a book that goes very quickly, in part because the author's tone is very engaging and funny, although also because her language is very informal (the book is a republished version of a blog she has keep for many years), which sometimes got on my nerves. Her story is also engaging though - at 350 pounds she hit rock bottom and decided she had to change her life dramatically. Although I've never weighed that much, I can definitely relate to many of the thoughts and feelings she expresses, as I've struggled with weight and body issues most of my life. The book made me reflect on the changes - both large and small - that one can make to change one's life, and the sometimes surprising things that can result.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl.