Nichole (Dirty H)'s Reviews > Falling in Controlled Circumstances

Falling in Controlled Circumstances by Pepper Espinoza

Sep 27, 10

bookshelves: british, 2010, mmm
Read from September 23 to 27, 2010

I was very disappointed with this story. I really like m/m/m books, but find that they can be rather hit or miss. I was really excited to read this one, because I always enjoy Pepper Espinoza's work - she's a very solid 4 star writer for me so I thought I could trust that this would be one of the "hits" in m/m/m for me.
Unfortunately, I was wrong. The character development is really weak and there is no actual story here at all. It's really all just sex. The sex scenes are good, so if that's all you're looking for you might enjoy this one. But I wanted to read about three guys falling in love. And all I got was two guys falling in love, not very convincingly, and then a third guy sort of awkwardly thrown into the mix because he happens to already be in a relationship with one of the other two.
Gregory and Phillip have been in a relationship for four years but when Greg meets Jim, they can't deny their attraction. And Phillip seems okay with this for some inexplicable reason.
So they all have sex. Greg and Jim fall in love, and because Jim can't really have Greg without Phillip, it becomes a menage. Presumably by the end Jim and Phillip are also in love, but I never really got that feeling. It was more like... well, we're both in love with the same guy and you're not unattractive, so I guess we'll make this work?
So yeah. Disappointing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling in Controlled Circumstances.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris I haven't read this particular m/m/m and I'm sure I won't, because I can tell this would drive me nuts. I'm really picky about menages, too. A couple that worked for me were Bound To Please by Kimberly Gardner and Loving Edits by Mickie B. Ashling.

Nichole (Dirty H) Bound to Please was very good. I haven't read Loving Edits yet but I'm glad to hear it's done well!
My favorite is still 911 by Chris Owen. It was my first m/m/m and nothing else quite lives up to it.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris That's on my ereader! I'll get around to it eventually. :)