*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•*'s Reviews > The Step Child: A True Story

The Step Child by Donna Ford

Sep 21, 09

bookshelves: child-abuse, i-own, favorites
Read in September, 2009

This book is absolutely heartbreaking. All of these types of books make my heart ache but this one actually had me in tears.
When Donna lost her Auntie Nellie I actually had to set the book aside and have a good cry.
I can't begine to imagine how anyone could or would even want to treat a child with such cruelty. It's a miracle Donna even survived the tortures that her stepmother put her through.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Step Child.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger This is insanity. I can't believe this happens. I don't get it. How do people allow this to happen? How did her do-called "father" participate in that Xmas "joke"? He's just as guilty as that piece of shit Helen.
If I get to the end and this woman isn't sentenced to the rest of her life in prison I'll be bald because I'm
Ripping all my hair out. I hope she's in prison NOW having done to her what she allowed to happen to this child. Wicked but I don't CARE.

*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•* It's been a while since I read this one, but is this the one where she wanted a doll and the package had the doll on it, but it wasn't what she really got?
I can't remember if the stepmother got sent away or not, you'll have to let me know when you get to the end. I still have this one, so I might reread it.