Sara 's Reviews > Heir to Sevenwaters

Heir to Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier

Oct 02, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, historical-fantasy, romantic-fantasy, fairies, irish-influence
Read in September, 2009

I really enjoyed this 4th installment in the Sevenwaters historical fantasy series. And Juliet Marillier's website says that she is going to write another, probably in 2010!! Yay!!

The main character in this story is Clodagh, a member of the third generation of girls connected in the Irish Sevenwaters family. Clodagh reminds me most of her aunt Liadan (heroine of Son of the Shadows, book 2), because of her bold attitude and for other reasons. I love how the story of this family just keeps going! And although the ending is perfectly satisfactory (this author writes great conclusions), there's a hint of what's to come in future books.

This is a classic story of baby abduction by fairy. The Fair Folk who had always lived in harmony with the people of Sevenwaters have changed, and a cruel trickster prince now rules the Otherworld.

Clodagh must save the newest member of her family by travelling to the Otherworld with a changeling to take care of along the way. But she isn't alone--she is accompanied by Cathal, a rough, rude man with a mysterious past. Difficult though he is, Cathal feels a strong sense of duty towards Clodagh and tries to help her with her seemingly impossible task. To outwit the devious fairy prince, both of the rescuers will be put through the wringer, physically and emotionally.

The only reason I haven't read every single book by this author is that I am trying to save some fun for later. So awesome if you like good characterization, Celtic mythology, and a bit of love story along with fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heir to Sevenwaters.