Tara's Reviews > My Life in France

My Life in France by Julia Child

Sep 20, 09

bookshelves: nonfiction, foreign-country-author, women-oriented, biograhpy-autobiography
Read in September, 2009

I saw the movie Julie, Julia and loved it so I thought I would listen to the book. I wasn't all that impressed with the reader at first, but she was better towards the end of the book, which was the part that interested me the most and moved along well. The first part of the book was a bit slow and didn't interest me much. However, I don't enjoy biographies or autobiographies all that much,so I'm not the best person to judge...anyone else read the book?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life in France.

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Hi, Tara.

I haven't read this one yet, but I've heard raves about the movie - not that much about the book though. One of my favorite food non-fiction books is Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires. She was the restaurant critic for the NY Times and the book is more about how she would have to wear disguises to restaurants because people would give her exceptional treatment to get that 4 star review from the Times. It really was an interesting book and well done in audio.

By the way, we recently got a copy of O Jerusalem that we are processing now - thanks for the recommendation! - we'll email you when it is in the store.

Take care,