JSou's Reviews > Fallen

1020084
Jan 07, 10

bookshelves: historical-fiction, goodreaders-rock
Read in January, 2010

Adam & Eve. Cain & Abel. Stories that have been drilled into my head since I was a toddler, yet David Maine makes these biblical characters seem fresh and original. I love how Maine expands more on the so-called "evil" characters of the Bible, to give them more of a real, identifiable story.

Told in reverse chronological order, the story opens with Cain as an old man waiting for death, and ends with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Maine's ability to flesh out his characters so well kept me turning the pages. This book was a quick read, and perfect to have while cooking dinner, helping with homework, and hearing the constant "Mom...mom...mom" every two minutes.

Thank you again Lori, for sending this one out. You have definatley helped me become a David Maine fan!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lori OOooh yeah! So glad you enjoyed it. I knew you would like it. I love how he breathes life into these biblical characters... even the "evil" ones, as you mentioned, have a human side.

JG (The Introverted Reader) Man, I really need to get to one of his books. Why aren't there more reading hours in a day?