Ann's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Jul 06, 08

bookshelves: jkrowling, fantasy, re-read, mysteries, absolute-favorites, katie-and-annie-bookclub, actionadventure, character-stories, young-adult, favorites
Recommended for: Anyone!
Read in July, 2008

I'm not sure what more I can say about Harry Potter. It's obvious to anyone who knows me how much I love these books, and for anyone who doesn't I'm not sure that I can add any more praise than these books have already received (and, rightfully so, in my opinion). The books are full of heart, wit, mystery and fantasy, humor and sadness, each page bringing more plot or more characterization, and often times both.
And the books are just as delightful upon the second read!

**SPOILERS BELOW**

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE SERIES

The second book still has a sense of safety about it, and the wizarding world isn't quite and dangerous as will be encountered in later books.
Also, upon knowing the final books, COS does have lots of clues and I find it amazing how much J.K. Rowling had figured out so early on!
I completely love these books! And there is nothing quite like a journey to Hogwarts with Harry, Ron, Hermione and everyone else!

***
Yay! Time to re-read! I've been very curious to re-read this - not only because it's HP, but also because there's supposed to be so many hints to the final book! Yay!!!
*****
Re-read: June 23, 2008 through July 6, 2008
Originally read December 13(?) 2002-January 2(?) 2003

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Quotes Ann Liked

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by X (new)

X Oh, you've finished it! :) I'm so glad it is just as marvelous the second time, and it's so neat that there are clues to the later books. That must have taken so much planning to get everything to fit together.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann I can hardly begin to imagine the amount of planning that went into the initial books!!! But, it does add an extra element to the rereads because the story and plot pertains to that specific book, but also the later ones!:)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I've re-read the series like three times now! :-)