Abby's Reviews > The Coffee Trader

1931807
Oct 04, 09

bookshelves: new-fiction
Read in October, 2009

"I guess I'll read this one. It can't possibly be as good as his other two. It's about coffee. Who can write this much about coffee?"

"Ugggggghhhh it's about stocks in coffee. It's not even about coffee coffee?"

"It takes place in Amsterdam? Weed."

"So far this is better than I thought it would be."

"This main character is kind of a douche."

"So is everyone else in this book."

"How the hell does one pronounce Oude Kerk? Is Dutch hard? Think I could learn it? Do I want to learn it? I heard the Netherlands is nice. Should I move there? Would I have to learn Dutch? Is Dutch hard?"

"Dude, this guy has gotten himself in some real trouble with money. I hope he gets out of it."

"Dude, this guy is a tool. He keeps borrowing money he doesn't have. I hope he goes to jail."

"Yikes, I'm glad my name isn't Gertruid."

"I'm going to read this one until I'm done with it. I can't focus on any of the other books."

"Dammit, boyfriend, leave me alone, I'm trying to read."

"Wait, so is Gertruid betraying Miguel? Is Alfonso? Is Parido? Is Miguel going to do it with his brother's wife or not? Is that servant going to get bitchsmacked like she should? So many questions I can hardly stand it..."

"Well I sure hope this ass doesn't win in the end. he is NOT a good guy. But then again neither are these other people. I don't know who to root for, the good guy or the bad guy. But wait, who is the good guy? Is there a good guy? Is anyone truly good or bad? Is Dutch hard?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coffee Trader.