Natalie's Reviews > The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

Jan 21, 10

bookshelves: self-help, non-fiction, books-for-my-classes, marriage
Read in January, 2010

So I read this through lightly before awhile ago but wasn't really interested in it much. However, I had to read it again for the class I'm in and was a little more interested. It's a really good concept and a very good basis for building good connections of love.
I especially liked that I was able to get my husband to take the end quiz... all in support of my schooling of course. :) It was interesting to note that we have extremely similar love languages. No wonder we've always gotten along so well.
It was also nice for me to realize that my mom and I have very dissimilar love languages and it helped me recognize and accept when and how my mom was giving me love, even if it wasn't my "native tongue".
I'm required to read Five Love Languages for children for my class too. I'm excited to see what it reveals about them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five Love Languages.